SOUND HAMMOCK HOA, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
DATE: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
TIME: 7:00 pm
PLACE: Saint Sylvester Catholic Church 6464 Gulf Breeze Pkwy, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
1. CALL TO ORDER 7:00 pm
2. CALLING OF ROLL Quorum was realized with 5 of the current 6 board members present. Pres. Erika Stein, V.Pres Gail Ellerman, Sec. Susan Chiulli, and Directors at Large: Alex Cloutier and Joe Vial. Homeowners in attendance: Sheila Vance, Jean Garbe, Karen Faircloth, Eric & Josie Witt, Cynthia & Andrew Wilson, Tim & Susan Bradshaw, Ted Scudder, Sharyl Donnadieu.
3. PROOF OF DUE NOTICE OF MEETING ESR notified homeowners by email. Notice of meeting was also posted on bulletin board, social media, ESR portal, and sandwich board at front entrance.
4. APPROVAL OF PRIOR MEETING MINUTES & SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES Prior to this meeting, drafts of both the Special Meeting minutes from June 19, 2018 and the HOA Board of Directors meeting minutes from May 30th, 2018 had been posted to the ESR portal for residents to read. Ellerman motioned for the Special Meeting minutes to be approved, Cloutier seconded, and board voted 5-0 for motion to pass. After Ellerman read aloud the minutes from the May 30th meeting, Ellerman motioned for those minutes to be approved, Cloutier seconded, and board voted 5-0 for motion to pass.
5. COMMITTEE REPORTS
SHARB Vial reported on properties that had put in requests to SHARB and whether each had been approved or denied. In the case of one denied request, the homeowners had refiled and with changes, that had been approved. All SHARB reports are posted on the ESR portal.
APPEALS No report.
LANDSCAPE Chiulli reported the continued problem of vehicles and construction trucks parking on the SH front entrance lawns. Sprinkler heads have been broken because of this. Chiulli will contact the county to receive information and inquire about putting up signs stating there should be no parking on our private lawn at the front entrance.
SOCIAL Stein reported on the success of the July 4th event at our pier, and reminded residents of the upcoming events that the Social Committee planned. These are posted on the ESR portal as well on social media. Sound Hammock Chili Cook-Off is Sept. 8th at 6:00 pm & the Community Yard Sale is Oct. 6th from 7:00 am – noon.
6. BOARD DISCUSSION OLD BUSINESS
*Alka Colagiuri applied to fill the open position of Treasurer. Stein read her application aloud and then stated that this position was to be filled for the remainder of the term which is until Jan. 2019. Ellerman motioned for approval of this candidate to fill the position of Treasurer, Cloutier seconded, and board voted 5-0 for approval of Colagiuri to fill this position of Treasurer on the SH Board.
*Discussion was held about ways to archive SH documents. Stein had looked into an HOA owned online repository but there is a subscription cost as well as data costs to maintain such a site. External hard drives are another option. The board will be looking at options to ensure that current as well as past documents can be stored and maintained.
*Discussion was held on the pool paving project that was completed last year under the direction of the past SH HOA board. The pool pavers were replaced but polymeric sand was not used at the completion of that project. Sand used in the paving project is now an issue for the pool and the pool’s filter/pump. Choices now are to use a sealant on top of the pavers or to install polymeric sand around the pavers. Questions were asked, and homeowner Tim Bradshaw was able to offer advise. No work can be done now during the busy summer months. The board will be looking at options.
*Stein explained the need for volunteers to help clean out the pool skimmer baskets on days that our pool is not serviced by the pool maintenance company. ESR will ask through an email for volunteers to assist with this.
7. BOARD DISCUSSION NEW BUSINESS
*Ted Scudder presented his findings on converting all lights in our common areas to LED versions. He reported there is an initial cost to convert and install but that the savings for using them long term can be cost effective in the long run. There are several options which range from paying for the installation for the conversion monthly or in one installment up front. Because Gulf Power may be in transition of merging with another company, and because more answers are needed on specifics of itemizing our electrical bill, the Board will continue to look at options and research this topic further.
*Due to a new employee joining ESR management for our SH HOA oversight, the discussion of procedures and processes of violations of CCRs within our community was tabled until the next meeting.
*Explanations were given as to why SH Board meetings are being held at St. Sylvester’s Church which opens its meeting rooms to our members for free. Meeting rooms are set up by the custodial staff and cleaned up afterwards. Chiulli agreed to write thank you letters to the church for its generosity. Discussion was held as to giving St. Sylvester’s a gratuity/donation. Cloutier motioned for a donation of $50 be given for each time our HOA uses the facilities for a meeting as well as retroactively for the three times we have already used their facilities. Ellerman seconded. The board voted 4-1 (Chiulli dissented) and passed the motion.
8. HOMEOWNER COMMENTS
*Homeowners in attendance sought and received information on how to be added to the mass SH email grouping that comes from ESR; the amendment process that is being conducted at this time; the SH retention ponds being cleaned out; a crew doing measurements of the creek, gully, and drainage tunnel on Blue Jack; and the current short term rental situation in SH.
9. MEETING ADJOURNMENT Ellerman made a motion to adjourn, Vial seconded, and the board voted 5-0 to adjourn at 8:10 pm.